Saturday, February 18, 2006

I am now officially obsessed with MySpace

One day, my friend Adrianne IMs me and says that I need to be her MySpace buddy. Now, I'm on Friendster and Facebook already, so I didn't really think that I needed to have one more web community commitment. However, I had apparently set up an account a long time ago and never did anything with it.

So, I dabbled in myspace a bit, put up a pic, did some bare bones profile info. I invited a few people, invited a few more, and even a few more.

Now, I am officially addicted to myspace. Seriously, I can't get enough of it. I was wary of it at first however. It seems like creepy people have a lot avenues to get your info, try to meet you, etc. I'm worried enough and I'm a dude. Not many girls are that creepy. Crazy? Sure. But not creepy. I can't imagine being a girl and getting a message from "FChix69" or "dReAmBoaT Dave" being like, "Hey, loved the pic, you have any ones of you naked?". Seriously, it is real creepy.

Yet, the positives far outweigh negatives:

1 .You can do so much more with the "space" that the site gives you. NOW, this shouldn't mean you change the default template just to have something "different". I don't need to see a background with flashing colors that are in no way complimentary to each other. If you have a site skin like this, you really need to put up a warning so that people with epilepsy don't go into seizure.

2. I like being able to touch base with people that I was friends with from high school. Outside of this web community, I would rarely, if ever, be able to keep up to date with what is going on in their lives. Plus, anytime you can group together a bunch of Johnson City people, it is NEVER a bad thing. Good times.

3. It gives me a forum to be obnoxious and self-aggrandizing.

So, if you want to see my MySpace page, the link is: http://www.myspace.com/coolkidone

Don't be bashful, hit me up on MySpace.

1 comment:

answer-man said...

Just dropped in to read your blog. We are reading what others have to say and are introducing ourselves as well. We are intoducing The new Holy Bibles King James Versions and New Living Translations and especially The New Children's Bibles on DVD and invite you to stop by and visit us at: **BibleMediaDvd.Com**

We hope you don't mind our comment on your site and do so repectfully.
Thank you and God Bless.